Panteg AFC was formed in 1935 under the name Baldwins Panteg, which became RTB Panteg in 1947 following the war, then Panteg in 1969 as a team representing the local Richard Thomas and Baldwin Steelworks, previously Baldwin Steelworks. Home games were played at the RTB sports ground, but in 1981 the grounds were sold to make way for a major road development.
The club then relocated half a mile away to Panteg House Club & Sportsgrounds, where the two senior teams and one youth team have been ever since. The team played in the Gwent County League since the 1999–2000 season, following relegation from The Welsh League but have now been promoted back into Welsh League following the 2013–14 season. The club plays in the Ardal Leagues South East, tier 3 of the Welsh football pyramid.